IT Associate (On-Site)
SPC Financial, Inc. • Rockville, MD
We are seeking an IT Associate with exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills to join our team! Applicant must be able to work in-person at our Rockville, MD office.
SPC Financial® is more than a financial planning firm; we hold our motto of Finance on a Human Level® deep in our core. We’re one of the oldest, tax-integrated*, white glove investment management and financial planning firms in the country, ready to provide simple solutions to complex financial problems.
This person will serve as our primary point of contact for technology across the firm to meet business needs, while ensuring compliance, privacy, security, efficiency, and reliability. Associate will also provide employees training with a positive and results-driven attitude. To succeed, applicant will thrive in a dynamic and unpredictable environment.
- Serve as primary contact for all technological needs, issues, and inquiries throughout the firm
- Identify and suggest strategies to standardize key processes, enhance operational efficiency, improve reliability, and ensure consistency
- Install, configure, and maintain hardware, software, systems, networks, servers, printers, and scanners
- Manage, prioritize, and rapidly address/resolve IT problems
- Facilitate troubleshooting through diagnostic and interrogative techniques
- Conduct build/buy analysis on existing software toolset to implement recommended process improvements
- Develop and maintain documentation for key processes, including configurations, reporting, and issue handling
- Handle administrative functions for office applications including compliance reporting, workflow creation, and user account maintenance while ensuring data integrity and reliability
- Protect office databases by performing regular system audits, managing security settings, and overseeing data backups and migrations
- Monitor and secure information assets, including all hardware and software components
- Monitor and support investigating security events and incidents, including access activities
- Support performing and analyzing cybersecurity vulnerability scans
- Create and maintain accurate inventory of all IT assets
- Design and provide one-on-one and group training for peers, including onboarding of new hires
- 3+ years experience in a Help Desk/IT Associate role
- Advanced knowledge of computer systems, networking, and servers
- History of designing and delivering informative and engaging training to coworkers
- Proven practical knowledge of Information Security standards and practices
- Excellent prioritization and troubleshooting skills; detail-oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a professional demeanor
- Highly dependable quick learner with a positive attitude who thrives in both individual and team settings
- Proactive and willing to contribute ideas. Not afraid to ask questions
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- Working knowledge of Worldox, Salesforce, eMoney, Orion, and/or Morningstar
- 1+ year experience in corporate system implementation and integration
- Background in providing IT support and solutions to a financial firm
- Experience leveraging data to analyze and solve business problems
Ready to Apply?
Please send your resume, along with a cover letter, to our team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
EOE/ADA • SPC Financial, Inc. has an employment at-will policy.